Child Of God

*.* Child of God *.*

Name: Cherlyn Ong
Birthday: 13 June
School: NUS YLLSOM
Age: 19

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trals of many kinds, because you now that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
James 1:2-5
Leaderboard
Create your own Friend Test here



*.* Previous Posts *.*


*.* My Friends *.*

Cheri
Cheryl
Joel
Hongzhou
Soon Ann
Dorothea
Esther
Stella
Timothy
Andy
June
Jocelyn
yvonne
emerald
steph
Helen
Nicky
Margaret & Suwan
Daryl
Cheri
Isaac
Ivan
Harry
Joshua
Yaoyang
06S74 blog
Songbook
blogger
blogskins
ourworld
Worship Comm
online photo album
Huangcheng
Guitar
campusmoblog
address book
cbox
PA/AVA forum
studentsketchpad
truefriendtest
HC Guitar photo montage 06/07

*.* Archives *.*






adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!


Created by Charisma
Found at Blogskins

Sunday, June 03, 2007

*.* Varolari 2007...The aftermath *.*

Ah... It's over.
Sends in the withdrawal symptoms once more.
Always happens to me...
Think I'm a bit crazy lah...Cos I get so involved and committed in this kind of thing, then I get hit really hard once it's finished.

Anyway, for those of you who don't know, Varolari's the title of my school's guitar concert this year, and as I like to term it, revolutionary concert:) Because we took 10 out of 19 items and infused them in a musical with acting, some singing and all. Was...FANTASTIC! Yay!

I was doing some interesting things during the concert last night... All of which, I realised weren't supposed to be done by me. Our original emcee couldn't do the job at the last minute, so I came up with a pretty spontaneous script and then Sean and I did sort of like a radio show (so that we wouldn't have to appear...and since we were already involved in tonnes of other things for the concert) It turned out much much harder than expected, though, because of the lack of mikes and the fact that we had to run from one side of the stage to another while saying the lines at the same time and pretending that we were all calm and collected...LOL! It was pretty funny...and crazy!

Prog Comm.. Cherlyn, Jane and Sean


Another thing I never intended to do was...act. About 1 month before the concert, I spoke to some EXCO people about doing a musical instead of the normal, formal concert. Somehow I got involved in working on the programme (with Jane and Sean...very nice people:P) and writing the script (which is expected) but no...I didn't want to act... Then the J1s didn't want to audition for the lead actress' role and after auditioning sme J2s, Sean was mean (okay maybe not) nd he said that I should do the role instead. Guess what? That was exactly 2 weeks before the concert (hahahahaha...sorry for that hysteria:P) Yup...and that started a very tough and intensive 2 weeks with Alvin ("Spike"), Ruocheng ("Jamie"), Weng Woh ("Gang Leader"), Sean and Evonne ("Gang members"). As for me, I was "Harriet"...this nerdy girl turned love-shy after meeting Spike. Then, of course there's some drama when Spike is actually making use of Harriet to fulfill his side of the deal with the gang leader... But yup, happy ending for the 2 of them. I like the ending of the script, actually, (even though Weng Woh didn't exactly do it the way I initially planned), cos it doesn't end with the lead characters, but with the gang leader, who's betrayed by his gang members (they decide that Spike is more cool to follow:P)


Aside from that, I got to do 2 group items and sing during the musical. Pretty cool:) To sum it up...It's been a really tiring but fulfilling period. I've got to admit, I'm really tired...haha... Huangcheng for first 3 months, then exams, then immediately prepare for guitar syf, then concert... Just a word of advice to anyone who wants to be crazy enough to spend 6 months of the A level year on performances, you'd better like mugging! haha.. Which is what I'll be working on for the next 5 months non-stop. My role as Harriet and working with STP and KI people have also inspired me in this direction. I guess I'll be asking them for a lot of help after this:)


And now for some sweet words to people who made this possible..

Ruocheng: This truly was a revolutionary concert, and a lot of it comes from your faith and beliefs that we could make this something different. Thank you for turning my dream into more than a reality. Fairytales do come true, after all, and God does perform miracles in our modern-day world! Thank you so much:)



Sean: I couldn't have for a better person to work with for the programme, musical and emceeing. Even our hour-long debates on the existence of God and my beliefs will remain as fond memories for me=) You really really are a nice person, so stay that way! Thank you, also, for being the gang member who was so hilarious, and for being the "love expert" to make sure Spike and Harriet came across as "mimosas"!



Alvin: It's been very tough on both of us to make everything look real, but...we did it! More importantly, through this concert, I think I've made a really good friend (gasp! It's you!) haha... Anyway, Spike and Harriet will definitely be fondly remembered! Thank you for doing all the dramatic and sweet things for the sake of this role:)


Weng Woh: I remember panicking when you fell so sick last week, but I was really touched when you said you'd work doubly hard to make up for your absence:) Thank you for your wonderful ability to intimidate Harriet and play the role seemingly effortlessly.



Evonne: Thank you for tearing my Chemistry tutorial so beautifully...haha...Really felt very xin tong at that moment...Good thing they were only photocopies..Otherwise I might have really cried:) It was pretty hard on you to carry out the role, because most of it relied on actions, but I'm really proud of you! The Entertainer rocked too!

Valerie: Thank you for everything that you helped with in terms of props. Ideally, if I didn't act, I could have saved you a lot of stress, but I'm actually quite glad that you got to coordinate the actual thing:) Because I think you did a fantastic job! Thank you for being there and for supporting the musical behind the scenes!

Jane: Falling sick was probably never on your agenda, and yet, you still came for the concert! Thank you for being a great member of the programmes comm...for sharing the same fears as me and for being a wonderful person to work with=P Glad you found your Tarzan in the club too...lol...Kidding.

Shao Kai: "Shy That Way" was actually a huge inspiration to the entire musical! Thank you for teaching me this song and for "choosing" me to perform it with you:) Honestly, with the off-beat rhythm and ultra-lowness of the vocal range, I found it really hard playing and singing. But, I have absolutely no regrets!



Yu Jun and Bingqian (hmm...These 2 names sound nice together...Just kidding) : Though the miking seemed to have a big problem, I really really fell in love with The Entertainer ever since I learned it and started playing it with you guys. Thank you both for dedicating so much time and effort into this song. We'll play it again sometime soon:)



Rhythm: (Yang Shun, Shao Kai, Sean, Me!) : There's no other section I would have chosen over this. 4 of us... Powerhouses! haha... From SYF to concert, our section was the most enthu, lively, pro and who knows what else? Lol...ok... Anyway, you guys are the best:)

Everyone else in Guitar: We did it! Sorry for being fierce... But had to settle the discipline before concert lah. And um, sorry for all the puns. Didn't mean to... Yeah right.. haha... Was great working with all of you and making Varolari 2007 so wonderful!


Lastly, actually, this goes out to Huangcheng people... Working for Varolari reminds me how much I miss you guys... Especially Lee Heng and Yi Han:) Cos you guys are pros! I mean it :) I also miss staying back till really late and having all of us working together towards one goal. Mug hard everyone! (so anti-climax!) haha...

Bye everyone!


Me blogged @ | 9:47 PM