Child Of God

*.* Child of God *.*

Name: Cherlyn Ong
Birthday: 13 June
School: NUS YLLSOM
Age: 19

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trals of many kinds, because you now that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
James 1:2-5
Leaderboard
Create your own Friend Test here



*.* Previous Posts *.*


*.* My Friends *.*

Cheri
Cheryl
Joel
Hongzhou
Soon Ann
Dorothea
Esther
Stella
Timothy
Andy
June
Jocelyn
yvonne
emerald
steph
Helen
Nicky
Margaret & Suwan
Daryl
Cheri
Isaac
Ivan
Harry
Joshua
Yaoyang
06S74 blog
Songbook
blogger
blogskins
ourworld
Worship Comm
online photo album
Huangcheng
Guitar
campusmoblog
address book
cbox
PA/AVA forum
studentsketchpad
truefriendtest
HC Guitar photo montage 06/07

*.* Archives *.*






adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!


Created by Charisma
Found at Blogskins

Thursday, October 25, 2007

*.* There's God to be more to life *.*

Oh yeah... pun intended on that one=)

Life is... exciting at times. And then it gets pretty horrible. Don't get me wrong. I like studying. Not that I'm weird or anything, but I do. But at this point, 5 and a half days away from A levels, I'm in Auto-Denial mode, and occasionally, the comatose and anti-social state. So there really has to be something more than the events in life right now...which is where God comes in. Being all human, and still full of teenager-angst, God doesn't always make it to the top of my priority list. "I don't hear his voice... I don't feel Him...So...fine! I shall focus on other things!"

Lol...And in the pure irony of it all, I can't focus on anything. No motivation to study Econs...way to much to study for Bio (and way too little time!)... And...great! I'm in denial. I'm not doing anything about it! Which could potentially drive me nuts. (Did I mention I'm a perfectionist with standards that leap off the regular scale?) Then, amidst all the emo-ing, bad results, crying, stoning, falling sick and panicking, God speaks. The more I rebel, the more I run, the less I have left... till all I have left... is Him. I'm tired. I can't run anymore. The only way to move on... is reflected in our favourite line to our fathers when we were young, "Carry me..." (cue in sweet voice and angelic smile) And I believe he's going to carry me through this :)

Today I went for my last Chem consultation with my teacher. At the end of it, she told my friend and I, "From what I see now, both of you will get your A for Chemistry." Do not belittle that statement! Well, at least I was very touched when I heard that...because it was my weakest subject ever since... Sec 3. haha... I scored lowest in Chem for Prelims too, but I've been studying it like crazy and... I'm glad the outlook is more positive now. I may not actually get that A eventually, but I know there is no regrets when it comes to this subject. Secretly, I really want the A though.. :) It's a requirement for "Medicine" so without the A... I guess I'll have to drop one of my biggest dreams and... try to move on.

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Rom 8:1
For a while, it became a hobby to condemn myself, because no matter what I do, I'm never good enough (which is true..oops) But God said there is no condemnation for me! I'm not qualified any longer for this condemnation! I have no right to enter into that realm! And for once, I like being under-qualified:)

Take care!

Me blogged @ | 8:31 PM