Child Of God

*.* Child of God *.*

Name: Cherlyn Ong
Birthday: 13 June
School: NUS YLLSOM
Age: 19

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trals of many kinds, because you now that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
James 1:2-5
Leaderboard
Create your own Friend Test here



*.* Previous Posts *.*


*.* My Friends *.*

Cheri
Cheryl
Joel
Hongzhou
Soon Ann
Dorothea
Esther
Stella
Timothy
Andy
June
Jocelyn
yvonne
emerald
steph
Helen
Nicky
Margaret & Suwan
Daryl
Cheri
Isaac
Ivan
Harry
Joshua
Yaoyang
06S74 blog
Songbook
blogger
blogskins
ourworld
Worship Comm
online photo album
Huangcheng
Guitar
campusmoblog
address book
cbox
PA/AVA forum
studentsketchpad
truefriendtest
HC Guitar photo montage 06/07

*.* Archives *.*






adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!


Created by Charisma
Found at Blogskins

Friday, June 29, 2007

*.* Block Test 2 *.*

Don't be deceived. They call it a "test", but the scale sure isn't like one. Gosh! In fact, for Bio and Chem, both papers are worth 140 marks each instead of the good old 100! Maybe that's similar to how A levels will be, but seriously, this was no block test that I took...


25 June, Monday: GP

Essay Paper~ When the teacher said, "you may begin," I laid my eyes and revenously devoured the list of 15 questions, hoping that one of them would be easy enough to write. None. Absolutely none of them! Okay, maybe I'm pretty bad at GP, but this was a mean paper. In the end, I wrote about... Wait, what did I write? Er... something about the causes and consequences about the growing obsession of modern day's society towards celebrities. Well, you may say there's a lot to write, but not to me. Me and GP do not go well together...unfortunately. I'd better buck up before A's.

Compre Paper~ Ever heard of investigative journalism? I never, till the paper shouted everything the writer knew about it. Essentially, it's about exposing bad conduct of important people, but in recent times, people have lost confidence in the media and so on... it was a horrible paper! Didn't even finish half the AQ. Definition: Doomed to fail AQ. No surprise...

Overall feeling: 3/10


26 June, Tuesday: Economics

Thankfully, the paper was at 1pm, so I went to school at 8am to do last minute revision:)

DRQ Paper~ I didn't really understand the first few questions, honestly. The phrasing was just...odd. Don't think I fared very well. Quite sad...Cos I got an A for the DRQ paper of the previous exam.

Essay Paper~ Strangely enough, our teachers wanted the essay paper to have questions solely on market failure. It's probably a very important topic for A's. I mugged this on Monday, so didn't really have problems. I did the question on market failure of the healthcare industry and on the correction methods and their degree of effectiveness. The answers were pretty obvious: positive externalities as well as market dominance...and then the correction methods are providing subsidies to internalise the externalities, as well as MC pricing, lump sum tax and specific tax (regulation) for firms which use their monopoly power to raise prices. I guess it all boils down to whether the teachers like my way of writing, and if I elaborated and evaluated enough.

Overall feeling: 7/10



27 June, Wednesday: Chemistry

MCQ Paper: There is no way any sane person could have survived this paper, survived as in understand all the questions ad had sufficient time to do all the proper calculations. Well, I promised my teacher I would try to pass, but I guess there are no guarantees here. From obscure to difficult to just plain time consuming questions, this paper was definitely meant to push us, in the process driving me a little crazy. Was pretty demoralised after it, but had to focus since paper 2 was about 20 minutes after that.

Structured Questions and Essay Paper: Jaws dropped once more... The essay quesions were... Unbelievable... And there wasn't a choice so all questions were compulsory. Even the structured questions were comparatively better... Sigh, better but still horrible. If I were a genius or something, maybe this paper wouldn't have been so depressing.

Overall feeling:2/10



28 June, Thursday: Mathematics

Thankfully, there was only 1 paper, cos it was already 3 hours long. Next time it'll be 6 hours, so I guess I'm grateful they chose not to torture us this time. Simply put, the 3 hours was plainly gruelling and very difficult. There's no time to stop, or think of anything else, because the paper is had enough and obviously, I couldn't finish it. However, I'm pretty happy, because in the last 15 minutes, I managed to finish questions worth about 10 marks. Heehee:) God is good. Other than that, well, it wasn't an enjoyable paper. I wasn't well-prepared lah. May pass, but that's all...

Overall feeling: 5/10



29 June, Friday: Biology

MCQ Paper: Hmm...this one's a little confusing. A crafty paper, I would say. Deceptively starightforward but very tricky. At least I had time to do all, but after cross-checking answers with a pro, I probably won't do brilliantly... Sufficient to pass, I guess:)

Structured and Essay Paper: Hmm... Honestly, I didn't study 3 topics... Photosynthesis, cellular respiration and Diversity and Evolution. And....guess what? Those were the topics of the essay questions! I am SO brilliant... Hence, if I don't fail the essay component, I'll probably break out into hysteria (won't be a pretty sight:P ) As for the structured questions, I should do better than the previous exam, because at least I filled in more blanks...haha... And with my score from the previous exam...gee...it's pretty hard to go lower than that..haha. I had fun, though. Was kind of relaxed, probably because there was a lot to look forward to after the paper.... Much needed sleep! Heehee...

Overall feeling: 6/10




And there you have it...Block test 2. I shall bravely post my results here next time. Just a word of caution to those way smarter than me: no laughing at me! haha... you can tutor me, though. Anyway, to all having exams... Enjoy your papers! I mean it... God bless you:)

Me blogged @ | 7:39 PM