Child Of God

*.* Child of God *.*

Name: Cherlyn Ong
Birthday: 13 June
School: NUS YLLSOM
Age: 19

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trals of many kinds, because you now that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
James 1:2-5
Leaderboard
Create your own Friend Test here



*.* Previous Posts *.*


*.* My Friends *.*

Cheri
Cheryl
Joel
Hongzhou
Soon Ann
Dorothea
Esther
Stella
Timothy
Andy
June
Jocelyn
yvonne
emerald
steph
Helen
Nicky
Margaret & Suwan
Daryl
Cheri
Isaac
Ivan
Harry
Joshua
Yaoyang
06S74 blog
Songbook
blogger
blogskins
ourworld
Worship Comm
online photo album
Huangcheng
Guitar
campusmoblog
address book
cbox
PA/AVA forum
studentsketchpad
truefriendtest
HC Guitar photo montage 06/07

*.* Archives *.*






adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!


Created by Charisma
Found at Blogskins

Thursday, March 27, 2008

*.* Update on my short life *.*

Whoa...ok I think I blog too infrequently (understatement of the year :P)

Anyway, it's been an exciting few months... And time sure flies. I started working as a temp at HSBC on 15 Jan, and tomorrow is actually my last day! These 2 and a half months allowed me to understand and help out at 4 departments an taught me some great lessons about working in an office:
1. They have a pantry i.e. go and take the nice biscuits=) especially the chocolate wafer rolls
WARNING: This is not for the weight-conscious!
2. Make many friends, and if possible, from different departments. You learn more.
3. The number 1 enemy you'll meet: Office politics. It reigns there.
4. Work hard. ( thankfully, it comes naturally for me :P )
5. Office work is routine work. You either like it, or you don't.
6. Colossians 3:23 - Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.

I'm really glad I got the chance to have this job, and I was blessed to have a good boss and supervisor. Thank you, Lord:)


Oh yeah, I got my results on March 7, 2008 (why do I remember all these details? :'( They take up a lot of memory space) I'm very thankful for them and all the lovely reminders that God brought back to mind, mostly about his goodness. And it's really true, because judging from the activities I was involved in last year, there's no way I could have obtained my above-average results...so, God, all the results on my result slip belong to you. I just have a share in your victory=P yay! Oh, what did I get? Well, B for Econs and A for Bio, Chem, Maths, GP and Project Work.... which was a pleasant surprise, since my Prelim results were... Definitely Disastrous and Extremely and Extensively Execrable:) God is good.

University application is pretty painful. The extremely long process in filling up page after page (for more than 1 university) kind of got on my nerves a little and the ending part which says "print a copy for yourself" really helps release huge sighs since I have no printer. That was the reason I could not apply for Radiation Therapy in NYP. Was supposed to send the acknowledgement page with my signature back to them, but...oh well... guess I got eliminated from their selection immediately. However, I'm glad the whole application part is over. Now, the long wait begins again. ARGH... Sigh... God, I do wish I knew a little more about your plan for me regarding my studies right now. I'm running out of work that helped distract a little, and watching "House" might make me more emo since it's got to do with medicine too. Ok, stop. Shall not think so much...

Oh, watched TV from 8.15pm to 11pm today... Caught "A Wedding Affair (finale)", "News 5 Tonight" and "American Idol: The Results Show". A Wedding Affair was almost like a Miss Singapore Universe Pageant, with people parading in gowns, answering questions, etc, but this time it was couples taking part together. What caught my attention was, first of all, the wedding cake designing competition. The cakes looked really good...haha...wonder who ate them after the show, since, obviously, none of the couples' weddings took place tonight. If only there was a competition that allowed viewers to win the cakes=). And... The Couple of the Year walked away with $20000 cash and jewellery. Wow! That is... a big help for any wedding preparation. I was about to say "I should go and join!" but I realised I'm not eligible. No fiance. Haha...... Anyway, the news reported tonight was pretty depressing as usual. More deaths, tragedies and stuff, (except maybe the hail in Singapore yesterday) but one thing that got my attention is that in 3 of the stories, which involved babies, all the babies survived. "For it is by grace you have been saved..." I don't know, but I kind of see this as a second chance for the babies to know the God that rescued them despite their age. My heart did go out to the 2-month old baby whose entire family, including grandmother, died in the accident. I'll be praying for that child to know God and feel His love for her.... American Idol was pretty ok tonight. Not surprised at the results, actually. Don't really have anythinig much else to say about the show...lol

12.24am....last day of work later. I predict there'll be OT today, because I'll have to do a proper handover. But, I'll miss this job somewhat=) Good night

Me blogged @ | 10:22 PM