Child Of God

*.* Child of God *.*

Name: Cherlyn Ong
Birthday: 13 June
School: NUS YLLSOM
Age: 19

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trals of many kinds, because you now that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
James 1:2-5
Leaderboard
Create your own Friend Test here



*.* Previous Posts *.*


*.* My Friends *.*

Cheri
Cheryl
Joel
Hongzhou
Soon Ann
Dorothea
Esther
Stella
Timothy
Andy
June
Jocelyn
yvonne
emerald
steph
Helen
Nicky
Margaret & Suwan
Daryl
Cheri
Isaac
Ivan
Harry
Joshua
Yaoyang
06S74 blog
Songbook
blogger
blogskins
ourworld
Worship Comm
online photo album
Huangcheng
Guitar
campusmoblog
address book
cbox
PA/AVA forum
studentsketchpad
truefriendtest
HC Guitar photo montage 06/07

*.* Archives *.*






adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!


Created by Charisma
Found at Blogskins

Thursday, July 31, 2008

*.* Once in a Bluemoon (major photo/video entry) *.*

Bluemoon's out:)
Time for an update.

Last you heard, Ladies and Gentlemen, I was moving out of the temp house. Right now, I'm back home! Yay! haha...actually, I've been there since 14 June 2008:) But when I first went back, many things were still not in place, and construction workers roamed the house daily... a little scary...haha. Right now, almost everything's done, except for some shelves and chairs in the study room. We also haven't painted the band room...haha...


Anyway...on the 17th of May, we had Laser Quest in church. Was quite glad Faith and Yao Yang came along too. Although I'm not sure whether they truly enjoyed it, I hope they did. I had fun:) Even though there were some extremely aggressive shooters...haha...very scary! While packing up, I realised I had a missed call from my Dad. Upon returning the call, I realised that I had received something from NUS, and, once again, my parents got so excited that they peeked in immediately. So horrible...haha:) Anyway, he told me that NUS regrets to tell me that......... I was offered a place in Medicine! haha...Yay! But I kept asking..."Are you sure? You're not lying right?" heh...well, he wasn't. And I'm still so, so grateful to God for allowing me to get in:) He also allowed me to get in immediately, so I didn't have to wait that long... very humbled by this experience:)


Also, prior to moving back (the day before), I celebrated my birthday with many wonderful people from church:) We went to East Coast Park in the afternoon for cycling/blading, then met up with more people for dinner at Siglap (TCC, then Macs for dessert) I had fun:)
Well, putting all that aside, here's something to think about...when celebrating our friends' birthdays, do we really make it a point to make that person's day, or does it sometimes become just a reason for everyone to gather and hang out? Also, is it important to celebrate peoples' birthdays? Having celebrated 19, it really makes me wonder about the significance of celebrating it. It becomes a little like celebrating Christmas... I'm probably being pessimistic, but unless Christ is the centre of the celebration, the meaning of Christmas is lost.


Anyway, in early July, I went for my Freshmen Orientation Camp, this year known as MEDagascar! Made new friends, especially those in my orientation group (OG)...they're nice people:) My "Fright Night" experience was quite cool too..haha...but I've told this story enough times, so I shan't post it...heh:)

AESALON! People in white are M1s, people in maroon are M2s:)

After the camp, wow...it's been pretty hectic for me..haha...as usual. Besides working 5 days a week and having tuition 6 days a week, I co-wrote (with Helen and Jonathan) and produced 2 short movies for my church's 50th Anniversary, "Fathomed" and "B-F-E-C". Wow...it was definitely exhausting and sometimes frustrating...haha...but fulfilling and fun too:) The actual celebration services were on 26 and 27 July, and I was part of the deck crew. Haha...working with 7 wireless mics, 4 wired mics and tonnes of people is a very interesting experience, but the WORST part is having lousy batteries that keep dying during the service..aiyo...we used more than 20 9V batteries in all for both days. But as usual, it was fun:) hahaha...think I'm a bit crazy. I shall hide away from all these responsibilities for the next half of the year. Need to recuperate... :P And thank you, thank you, thank you to all those who helped in one way or another. I am very grateful!:) Let me know if you need any help or prayer or just someone to listen...
Here are the videos/movies we did. They are "B-F-E-C", "Fathomed" and "The Bloopers" respectively...











At work, I've been doing some interesting stuff besides admin work. I did a lot of "normal" HR work, such as filing, powerpoint slides, handling candidates when they come for interviews, etc, but...haha... I did a lot of "abnormal" things too:) Most of these involve art work...lol... which I never expected at all (since I obviously didn't do art...the max was for Huangcheng, where I exsured the sets were aesthetically pleasing:)...) Anyway, I did up the HR noticeboard, my very own Winter Wonderland! haha... Also, during the last 2 weeks of July (yes, all events always clash), I did the backdrop for the Nurses' Day celebration, which took place....today! haha...yes, it's my last day of work!:) Finally back to being a student... Oh yeah, I also designed little cards for my colleagues. Presenting...the Art Gallery! (don't criticise too much...haha)



Winter Wonderland!

My wonderful huskies=) And... the water...which I took 7 hours to colour with colour pencils...haha (using 6 colours. The dogs used 4-5 each)



My polar bear family! haha... all of them look different but each one is nice (according to me=P) Anyway, I used black marker and colour pencils for these


Ooh the beautiful birds! haha... solely done by colour pencils and scissors. Pretty tedious...heh



And of course, seals, the sun and an igloo! Once again, black marker and colour pencils:) The sun was included cos the office got too cold...=P I like the igloo...haha...It's harder to draw then you think:)


Well, those above really tested my drawing and colouring skills. The following, on the other hand...is another crazy style of doing art...haha...practically everything is cut out from coloured paper and stuck together. This is tedious and it drives you nuts...haha...but the outcome is really nice too:)


Ze penguins! This one is crazily hard to do! Extremely intricate details and estimation of size needed. Don't do this if you have no patience...haha...seriously. And...the snowman! heh...yup, everything that has a different colour is from a different piece of paper. But this was fun to do (though a bit tiring) an it was the first thing that was done for the board:)

Well, since it was the HR board, I decided to make sure everyone was represented. That...wasn't a mistake...haha...but it took close to 30 hours in all to create these eskimos... They are arranged randomly (according to the order they appeared on my screen...haha)


And this..is our Winter Wonderland:) haha...yes the eskimos were designed such that they could hold hands!



Heh...if you realised, the people can move around! haha... I used double-sided tape to stick the sticky part of post-its on the back of each eskimo. The only drawback is that you have to change the post-it every now and then...But, it makes te board very interactive:) Oh speaking of paper art, I did 4 different sizes of snowflakes and cut them out indvidually. Once again...don't try this if you can't patiently finish the job...cos...whatever you cout out..you still have to paste them one by one on the board (haha...yes, it's a double job) but it creates a nicer effect:P


Nurses' Day!

My task was to create a backdrop for the Nurses' Day carnival held today, so I decided to do a hot-air balloon:) These show part of the process of doing up the entire 6-vanguard-sheet-sized backdrop. Not shown: the lettering "happy nurses' day" except the final product.


Did a sketch on a small piece of paper with pen and colour pencils. Then stuck the 6 vanguards together and started drawing. It was quite horrific, cos the thing's so big, so it's very difficult to gauge the correct scale and proportions for each object. After drawing the whole thing out, I outlined them with a black marker.




These 3 items (representing music, popcorn and cotton candy, which were part of the carnival) were done with black marker and colour pencils:) wow...who knew such items would be so hard to draw? haha...especially pop corn. But they look really delicious/nice, so...it's worth it:)


Oce again, different stages of my progress. It took 2 weeks to do up this backdrop, and painting the blue was a bit traumatic, because one small tube of paint, well, didn't contain much paint. haha... After all the basic painting was done, the touching up took a lot of effort too...but...ok it was a good experience;) The final stuff to do were reoutlining EVERYTHING again, and cutting out the right shape along the wavy lines. Didn't want the backdrop to hav 4 edges...haha...too normal:)


So here it is...what turned up at the wall...haha...I know the photos are pretty dark ( didn't have time to edit them) but they're clear enough:)

Farewell Cards!
No explanation needed:) But these are done with colour pencils and black pen:)







And yes... since it was my last day of work, I actually took photos...haha...ooh Smiley too! haha... :)






And these are the gifts from my colleagues:)

After work, Smiley and I went out to celebrate! :) ok ok, there were 5 other people there with us in Kuishin Bo...haha...
Sarah, James and Joel
Me, Xinyi and Jonathan
Smiley:)
Me, Smiley and Xinyi
Ok, time to display all the food. First, here's some of the stuff from the actual buffet


Oops...I meant...








Guess who took too much food and couldn't finish some of it...
now you see it...

now you don't!

Dong Dong Dong, 1-2-3, We are Kuishin Bo!
Well we had such fit people that we managed to get 3 lobsters, 2 crepes and 4 ice-creams tonight

Oh dear, they ate so quickly that this is all that's left...
Good thing we had more than one...haha:)




Whoa! Asteroid??? Moon? Nah...haha
Aww...it doesn't look so cool anymore:)
And here are the desserts we got from the buffet...




I didn't know how to use the chocolate fountain:'( so...I..I...put my whole bowl in there to fill it with chocolate. How was I supposed to know that I was supposed to put the sticks of fruits in instead and then collect the extra chocolate in a bowl? sigh...haha... All of them laughed at me. At least Smiley only smiled:)





End of photos.
Could have taken more, or did more artistic stuff like Sara would, but...Eating is more important..haha
Tomorrow, the YA retreat begins:) Yay! I'm doing some (okay, quite a lot) of ice-breakers...haha...since most of them aren't the normal kind of activities, hope they'll have fun:) God bless you!

Me blogged @ | 2:29 PM